Dom is the General Manager for Lock & Roll and has been working at Alchin Long Group since December 2017.
Prior to joining Lock & Roll, Dom spent 18 years working at Telstra in several capacities, including various Channel Management roles such as Acquisition Sales, National Call Centres and Telstra Retail.
In his current role as General Manager, Dom is focused on alignment between planning and execution and is responsible for growing Lock & Roll’s franchise network, increasing brand awareness and leading the team.
Outside of work, Dom loves socialising with family and friends, with his six children – aged 16, 14, 12, 10, and 4 (twins) – keeping him and his wife extremely busy on the weekends.
Let’s take a look into the day in a life of Dom.
What is your routine like first thing in the morning?
I wake up at 6.30am and start off the day by having breakfast at home together with the family. After that, I make coffee for my wife and myself while she prepares the kids’ lunches for school.
It’s always busy in the Galluccio household with six kids running around in the morning. Once the kids are packed and ready for school, I do the school drop offs and have moved onto my second coffee of the day.
After dropping the kids off at school and getting to work, what is the first thing you do?
I get into work, make a third coffee for the day and settle down by checking my email inbox. First thing to check off my list is reviewing any leads from potential franchisees and checking franchise recruitment activity.
Do you have regular catch ups with your team?
I usually have a one on one catch up with the Lock & Roll team and discuss what everyone is working on. In these meetings, 20% of the time is spent recapping on our work from the previous week, and the remaining 80% is spent planning for the week ahead.
We like to review the areas of development the team can improve and how I can support them in achieving their goals for the week.
How do you spend the rest of day?
The rest of the day is spent working on whatever priorities pop up for Lock & Roll. Everyday can be different from the last, depending on what we need to focus on.
I also like to sit down and talk with different departments, whether it’s IT, Strategic Projects or Marketing, I like to get different perspectives and better understanding from the group on how to grow the Lock & Roll brand.
After your afternoon routine once you wrap up work?
At about 5pm I pack up and leave work for the day. Once I get home, it’s dinner time with the family. My wife usually prepares the food and we all gather around the dinner table and eat together while discussing each of our days.
Dinner time is very important at home as it gives us an opportunity to spend some valuable family time and catch up with one another.
How do you relax after your day?
After dinner and spending time with the family, I usually tend to go out in my man cave where I can unplug and unwind from the day. I spend some time catching up on TV and sports just to relax before bedtime.